12/06/2020 - Showroom Update
Good news! From Tuesday 16th of June, we will be opening the showroom based on an appointment only policy.
This will work by booking in a hour slot by contacting Amey (email@example.com) or calling the office (01756 701451).
Below are the key points:
- Email Amey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the office to book your hour time slot (you don't have to stay for an hour, I'm sure you'll be bored after 10 minutes talking to me!)
- You can choose a slot out of our Covid reduced opening hours (10am - 4pm, Mon - Fri), if you arrive before we won't have had our coffee and might be in a zombie state of mind.
- Regular cleaning will be taking place, I'll have my Marigolds at the ready!
- Alcohol based hand sanitiser will be available at the front door, please use this when you come in, but don't try to drink it - it's definitely not good for you
- Myself (Ellis) & Neil will be taking it in turns to be on hand to serve you - if you're lucky, Neil will serve you... if you're not so lucky, you'll have to put up with me
- We will be wearing face masks to improve our looks... and also for ours and your safety
- We'll of course be abiding by the 2 meter rule. If you come to close, we'll run away
We are happy to announce that we are back buying pre-owned stock! For more info and how we are keeping compliant with Government updates, call the office on 01756 701451.
A small update here.
We are now able to travel and view/purchase model railway collections, albeit with social distance measures in place.
For more info, contact us either via email or phone
As it has been a month and a half since our last post, we thought it best to give you an update.
At this current time and coinciding with the latest government guidance, we are still operating our mail order service, both over the phone and website.
Our showroom remains closed until further notice, but phone lines are open from 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday.
We aren't quite at full strength with out team yet, so orders may take 1 - 3 days to be dispatched, with delivery via Royal Mail or one of our trusted courier services (in the UK) taking around 1 - 3 days to deliver items.
We are still dispatching orders to our overseas customers, but please note delivery can in some cases take a few days longer to arrive.
Furthermore, we are experiencing a few errors with tracking numbers for some Royal Mail services.
If you need any assistance along the way, please feel free to call or email us via the contact page.
All the best,
Ellis & the team
Going into the week commencing 30th March, I thought it was worth a quick update.
Myself and Amey are still in the office, but working from home where possible.
All online and phone orders are being dispatched within 2-3 working days, with either UPS or Royal Mail.
To confirm, our offer of collection in person (which we announced just before the PM's lockdown announcement), is unfortunately no longer possible.
Thank you again for all your support and kind words.
All the best,
Ellis & Amey
After listening to Boris' televised announcement I have made the decision to ask the majority of the ECT team to remain at home.
The good news is that myself and Amey (my other half whom I live with) will be in the office most days to process and send out orders, man the phone lines and keep on top of the business during these hard times.
If you cannot get through to anyone at the office, you can call myself, Ellis, on 07799 554491.
Rest assured, all orders will be processed and dispatched, however it may take an extra day or two to post out items for the reasons above.
We hope you're all keeping safe and we're looking forward to getting back to normal in the near future!
Unfortunately as of March 20th, our showroom in Skipton will be closed until further notice.
On the bright side... with all this extra time gained from no show prep, (or showroom tidying), we will be increasing the range of items on our website!
We’re also thinking of other up beat plans for the near future, so stay tuned!
Albert has also taken it upon himself to use the showroom as a stockpiling base for his new rock collection...