This listing covers all the services available in-house, which can be applied to any Darstaed product, and some of our upcoming Ellis Clark Trains products (we're still figuring out prices on Wickhams/Presflos).
What makes Neil's weathering special?
Neil, who does all our in-house weathering, has been with the Ellis Clark Trains family since September 2019.
He has grown quite the reputation for 'going the extra mile' and producing some stunning customised items (many of which can be seen on our gallery page, click HERE).
Every weathering job which Neil undertakes is what we would call 'bespoke' and is certainly not just a simple 'blow over'.
When you purchase an item and add weathering to it, you can expect:
Oil marks around axle boxes
Rust effect to bogies, brakes, wheels etc…
Imitation of steam marking to the top of steam locos
Light weathering to the roof
Realistic coal fitted with overspill and more...
You can request a specific finish by adding instructions to the 'Notes' section of your order, or alternatively, and as most do, you can give a simple instruction such as 'end of steam' or light, medium, heavily weathered and Neil will do what we call a 'Neil Special'!
1. First, choose the product type you would like customising (for example, If you would like Mk1 Suburban coaches customising, choose 'Mk1 Suburbans' from the drop down menu.
2. Once the product type is selected, you can then choose the service type from the blocks to the right hand side of this listing.
2. Once selected, choose the quantity you require. For example, if you would like four Mk1 Suburban coaches weathering and numbering select Weathering & Numbering, then change the quantity to four.
3. Once you have selected this, simply click add to basket.
4. To add more services, simply follow these steps again.
5. Once you have all the services required in your basket, click 'CHECKOUT' and in the notes section at the checkout, please add as much detail as possible for how you would like your items finishing. You can also email Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements or further notes.
See the price list below. Please note, you will not be charged upfront for services ordered on pre-order items, like the item pre-ordered, we will only take payment once the item is in stock.
No extra cost for shipping when ordering a service for one of our products
Current Lead Time
The current lead time for weathering is around 1-4 weeks.